Trying New Things

     This semester I was required to take a class on three dimensional practices in art. At first I was a bit concerned about it because I had never done much sculptural work and thought it was my weakest area of artistic expression. However now that the semester is coming to an end I can say that this class was one of the best experiences I have had in college art thus far. Not only did I learn things about myself and my artistic practices, but I also learned some important lessons.
     As an artist I am constantly looking for ways to improve my craft. I am surprised that I did not start to dabble in three dimensional work sooner than this. However I have learned that I have a love for woodworking and wood carving and I plan to continue to practice these areas of art.


My First Wood Carving Display


     Just because you haven't had much practice in a certain area does not mean that you are not good at it. In fact you may find that you had been missing an important piece of who you are before trying something new. There is an endless world of opportunities out there. You could try something new every day for the rest of your life and never run out of new experiences. If you want to try something, try it. You will never know where your greatest strengths lie if you stick to what you know

Comments

Popular Posts