A Children's Book

     While I won't name many details about the book yet I will say that it is a very unique experience working on a project with another person. This author found me through my Etsy store and asked me if I would be interested in illustrating a children's book she had written. I figured that as a new artist it would be great experience to bring something to life that was not my own creation. However after working on it for only a short amount of time it had started to become more than some other person's brain child to me. Even though I didn't create the adorable little characters or the adventures they go on I do have a major role in bringing them to life.
     Collaboration can be a wonderful thing if you are willing to put in the work. What is interesting to me is that I have only ever communicated with the Author via email. In fact I'm not sure that we will ever meet. And yet we have collaborated to create an illustrated book. We are a little under halfway done with the book and illustrations and I can't wait to see the finished product. It's hard to believe that things I have drawn will soon be printed and read by many. And many is a relative number. Even if only one kid ever sees and enjoys this book I will be happy knowing that I helped to brighten their day.

Comments

Popular Posts