End of the Year

     The end of the school year is finally here. All that stands between me and summer vacation is the ever dreaded finals week. That being said I shouldn't complain. I only have one serious final I need to study for. That’s not to say that there isn't a lot of work to be done, but the mental stress of retaining knowledge is at least pretty low. 
     I can't wait for this school year to be over. I will finish illustrating the children's book I am working on this summer and hopefully get two jobs in order to save up in case I am able to study abroad next spring. I also hope to spend a lot of time outdoors painting (dependent on my work schedule of course) and maybe even some commissioned pieces to make a little extra money. 
     During this past semester I built a plein air-painting box so that I can do two of my favorite things at once; be outdoors and paint. There is something about painting landscapes, which really helps to clear my mind. Maybe it is seeing how I can interpret something so vast and wonderful onto a canvas, or just the fact that our world is so beautiful and I have been given the tools to honor it through art. Either way I am looking forward to being able to be outside as much as I can and hopefully seeing some things I haven’t had the chance to see yet. 

Comments

Popular Posts